Monday, May 6, 2013

Wax Museum

Every year, the fifth graders present a wax museum where they dress up as a person in history and then they present facts about what they researched and learned about the person.  We just started reading about Helen Keller so this is a perfect opportunity to learn about different people! 

Once back in class, we wrote about our favorite person.  Here are some things students in our class had to say about what they learned....

The person I liked the most is Jane Goodall.  I like her because of what she did with chimps.  I learned that she look care of a lot of chimps.

I liked Henry Ford because he made the first Ford car.  He helped in world war two by donating.  Then he sadly died in 1906.

Charles Schultz made the comic strip Peanuts.  Then he was awarded.  He sadly died.

The person I liked the most was Pocahontas.  She was kidnapped, but she saved an Englishman's life! She was taken away from her father.  She was my favorite.

The person I liked the most was Anne Frank because I learned her diary was published as a book in 1947 and she hid during world war two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment